HPS isn’t just another provider network. We do more than negotiate discounts and rates—we simplify the experience for all involved. For employers and employees, network cost savings, the SuperEOB and payment assistance are just a few of the benefits we offer.
This blog will help you understand how HPS can make healthcare more affordable for your clients and their employees.Strength of Network
Our network is strong because so far, we have contracted with providers in two-thirds of Wisconsin counties—this means we’ve negotiated rates with 96 hospital facilities and 22,600 individual providers. Plus, we have 94.6% member utilization in our core service area. We work hard to partner with high-value providers all over the state, so individuals can get the care they need at prices they can afford, and the utilization rate speaks volumes.
Level of Commitment
We are committed to not only providers, but also to employers and individuals.
- We do our best to meet or exceed payment turnaround time of 20 business days for client claims, and in 2018, we averaged 14.7 days for full payment.
- We are constantly striving to improve our network by adding new providers via improved pricing and unique cost-saving solutions like telemedicine and bundled payments for common procedures.
Benefits for Your Clients
HPS is different than other provider networks in many ways that will benefit your clients and their employees alike, including:
- SuperEOB and bundled payments—One easy-to-read, credit card-like monthly statement that eliminates the confusion of medical billing by consolidating all of an individual’s or a family’s in-network explanations of benefits (EOBs) and medical bills, regardless of how many doctors were seen. This single statement experience takes the guesswork and waiting out of paying for medical costs, as the consumer gets just one bill and has just one point of contact for billing questions (HPS).
- Interest-free payments and patient advocacy—With longer-term interest-free payment term options than can be found most anywhere else, and other patient advocacy resources, HPS is here to help ensure that patients don’t go without the care they need for fear of being unable to pay for it.
- Continually expanding network—In addition to having a broad network, HPS is always adding providers and giving those providers more focus than national networks, always trying to lower costs.
- Continued value—HPS utilizes extremely effective contracts and focuses on the employer’s needs first. While at first glance, national networks may appear to have higher discount percentages, the medical cost per employee matters more than the percentage discount; with inflation protection and transparency, HPS provides extremely high value to its customers and is always finding ways to increase that value.
HPS is truly more than just another provider network. We offer services that are beyond compare, and are here to help your clients’ employees get excellent healthcare at affordable prices, while making the process as simple as possible along the way.